Before I reveal the perfect audience for my business, I need to first define some terms.
Local domain name. A Local domain name includes a city plus a particular niche or profession. Examples include the following:
Local search. Local search means an online search for a certain product or service in a specific geographic location. Examples include the following:
- Boston Home Depot
- Chicago Pizza
- Denver Landscaping
Functional domain name. A functional domain name applies to real-world products and services that are not specifically based on location and niche/profession like local domain names are. In other words, with a functional domain name, an individual can tell what the domain name is about simply by looking at the name of the domain. Examples include the following:
My Perfect Audience
My Perfect Audience consists of the following:
- People who understand the significance of this statement: Almost half of all searches on Google are for local products and services.
- People who understand what a “local domain name” is and why these domain names are important for the building of a successful website and for the creation of successful local business.
- People who understand what “local search” means and who realize the ramifications of local search in today’s business environment.
- People who understand what a “functional domain name” is and why such domain names are important in today’s business world.
- People who are serious about starting their own local-based business.